The Corporate Social Investment (CSI) Unit of Transnet SOC Ltd Transnet Foundation - logo

Fancy a spot at the Transnet SAFA School of Excellence?

Over the recent months the Transnet Foundation has been swamped with requests from the public about entry into the prestigious Transnet SAFA School of Excellence.

With the 2015 selections done and dusted, aspiring soccer players between the ages of 12 and 14 years who are football competent can still be part of the 2016 intake and materialise their professional soccer career ambitions. Over the coming months, The School of Excellence scouts and coaches will go to different parts of the country – in all nine provinces – in search of the brightest players that will ultimately get bursaries and admission into the school.

Players who manage to impress the scouts and coaches will be invited to a national camp at Elandsfontein, Gauteng, where their academic, psychological, physical and football skills will be put to the test. The selected high school students will receive formal education, life skills training and most importantly, football development.

Qualified educators and accredited coaches will ensure that the young boys’ talents will be nurtured and developed as preparation for what can only be soon-to be flourishing football careers.

Since the academy’s inception in 1994, 2000 players have been admitted into the school. Players who have what it takes to kick and play their way into the school can find their feet playing on local and international soccer pitches just like their predecessors: Steven Pienaar, Bernard Parker, Daine Klate, Bryce Moon and Masilo Modubi, who are all products of the school.

Information regards the 2016 intake will be revealed in the coming newsletters in the new year. Alternatively, interested players can contact their nearest SAFA regional offices, call the school directly or look out for advertisements in soccer media platforms. The talent roadshows will be between March and July 2015 for the 2016 intake.

Don’t miss out!

Comments (14)
  1. Samuel Maluleke:
    Feb 02, 2015 at 07:32 AM

I would like more information about 2016 intake, my child is really interested.

2. Casbar Mokoena:
    Apr 06, 2015 at 12:05 PM

please check the email for the person who is responsible for inquiries is not working.(Sibusiso. Ngomane2@transnet.net)

Can u please send me the dates for the next intake of trials for next year.

Your's Faithfully
    Mokoena M.A.C

3. DUMISANI MAZIBUKO:
    May 05, 2015 at 05:04 PM

Good day, please send me a schedule list for 2016 trail intakes,I need to avail myself for trials and I'm staying in Vanderbijlpark but I can be able to attend anywhere in the country for trials,

4. lumkile:
    Jul 07, 2015 at 10:30 PM

Good day

My name is Lumkile Nkanyuza. I am 16 years old and i'm very interested in joining your school of excellence. I play football with a passion and pride. I live in Cape Town and these opportunities are very rare for young Black boys in this Province. I attended a football academy around Joburg towards the end of the Previous year.

Please will you kindly get back to me

5. Caroline Pillay:
    Jul 14, 2015 at 12:26 PM

My son is a talanted soccer player he currently plays for Dainfern Lions in fourways. I would like to find out when is the 2016 trials. Please send any information to my email address.

6. Ntokozo Lloyd Dube:
    Jul 27, 2015 at 01:37 AM

A warm greeting to all board members, My name is Ntokozo Dube I'm not asking for your simpethy, but a chance to reveal and embrace true talent I ask that you may please notify me of your next under 14 trials I'm currently living in Boksburg Johannesburg and would like a chance to be admitted to your Kempton Park headquarters please notify me via my email adress. If your trails are done and dusted with please allow me to meet up with your scouts to prove that I am worthy of being admitted.

Kind regards
    Ntokozo Lloyd Dube 14
    Father: Mjmasangane@transnet.net - Chief Administration

7. junior bole:
    Aug 04, 2015 at 10:27 AM

I have been for two national camp trials2013/2014 at my first trials the house fathoer didn't accept m. y documentation(signed minor consent form ,final academic reerort ,club clearence ,medical certificate ETC theñ the office didn't reaspond or call me again so that I can submit.... Iam junior bole iam sure my name has been written by big letters I hope you will respond

8. katlego letsogo:
    Aug 19, 2015 at 06:16 AM

im katlego letsogo in north west.and i m 18yrs old doing grade12,i want to join your academy plz notify me if the trial are come to mahikeng,because i tried so hard to reach what i want but without any success.i hope u will what to see great talent that i have

9. Mpfuno Affectionate Mathonsi:
    Oct 31, 2015 at 09:09 PM

my name is mpfuno mathonsi, im a good soccer player..I play for Diaspora Academy FC but now i want to goin School of Excellent....

10. lindokuhle:
    Dec 07, 2015 at 07:46 AM

We as the youth of eMondlo and Vryheid we need your help,we have talent but only empty promises.we have clubs in different sportings code was form by SOWETO LEARNERS as the were visited MONDLO FUN RUN that take place every year 26December but its for athletics LINDOKUHLE NETBALL CLUB,LINDOKUHLE FOOTBALL CLUB,LINDOKUHLE CYCLE CLUB AND LINDOKUHLE ATHLETICS CLUB u may like our athletics page.SPORTS IS IN OUR HEART

11. aletta:
    Feb 16, 2016 at 10:00 AM

when will be the intake of 2016

12. jose:
    Mar 03, 2016 at 02:03 PM

Hi My name is jose i am 16yrs old and im in grade 11. i really love soccer with a passion, i play soccer everyday with my friends after school and after completing my homework. now and then i go and play indoor soccer with my friends i just have a passion for soocer. so please can you let me know when trails will be this year i really want to give it a shot.thanks

13. Transnet Foundation:
    May 04, 2016 at 05:27 PM

Please contact SAFA directly on SAFA: 086 604 4406, SAFA Office: +27 11 974 1999, SAFA Office 2: +27 11 974 1799, SAFA Cell: +2783 274 8308

14. Patricia Klaas:
    May 18, 2016 at 01:38 PM

I have an 15 yr old boy who is interested in soccer , he doesn't belong to any soccer club. He loves soccer with all his heart, he would like to come for trials.

Allowed tags: <b><i><br>Add a new comment: